Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The show is over ... for this year

The Carolina Designer Craftsmen Show is over for this year.  It was a great show.  Beautiful things by talented, creative people.  It was a busy time for me and I was able to send several of my pieces to new homes. "Shadow", my white horse, has a new home as well as "Billy", my handsome goat.  I know they are in good hands. I also parted with several still life pieces.

Shadow   11" x 14"  SOLD!

Billy   11"x 14"  SOLD 


At the show I also met up with a good friend I haven't seen in quite a while.  Lori was my very first student when I started teaching rug hooking 15 years ago.  She was and is a natural.  She uses traditional rug hooking to create abstractions of what she sees in nature whereas I focus on realism with an impressionistic approach.
This is what I love about this art form.  It is SO versatile. 

So now it is time to pack away my booth for the year and get ready for the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment