Dad's getting better but in baby steps. Still very tired and napping a lot. While he's been napping I've been hooking away and watching the birds outside the kitchen window.
The rug I'm working on is a project from teacher's workshop I acquired some years ago. I pulled it out because it is very straight forward to hook. I had gotten the horse hooked way back but hadn't decided what to do with the rest of it. I had a lot of leftovers from other projects laying around and I wanted to get them used up. I threw a bunch of medium to medium/dark values of blues and blue-greens into a pot and overdyed them with Prochem 401 to "marry" them together. I've gotten a lot done in the past week. It helps that I'm using a #8 cut. I'm thinking I may add a simple border. To me, it needs it to "set the rug down". It seem to float a bit for me as it is. I'll make a final judgement when I get the rest of the background hooked.
I managed to get a picture of the male bluebird as well. I guess I'm in my blue period.