Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life is just a bowl of eggs?

Oh maybe that's life is just a bowl of cherries?  Well I didn't have any cherries.  So after several days of working I "finished" the eggs.  I say finished in quotation as I will probably go back and make little tweaks here and there before I frame it, I always do.  But for now...



Working the eggs in "whites" against the really dark "blacks" really kept my interest in this piece.  And then to have the pop of color, the beautiful blue-green well it was the icing on the cake.  No, strike that, the hollandaise sauce on the eggs.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is so interesting, I don't think I've seen anything quite like it. The eggs are quite interesting, but this is my first visit to your blog and I just love the sheep in your banner! Lovely colors and so handsome. (Although, it's a little hard to read the text in black across it.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. I knew it wasn't easy to read. I tried a lot of different colors and everything just wanted to blend into the sheep colors. I've changed it to pure white and that seems to read a bit better.?

    ReplyDelete