Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's been a while....still playing with still life

Life sometimes just gets in the way with this and that.  I've been busy but I can't really say that anything tangible has come from my efforts.  Today, however, I was able to work on a new design idea.  After I completed "Coffee, Black with Sugar Please" I was really happy and intrigued with shaded whites.  So I thought, I would try setting up a still life with eggs.  Today I tried arranging eggs in a bowl and viewing it from above and close in.
After adjusting lighting and arranging the eggs and taking many photos I decided upon this photo.






I then imported the photo into photoshop.  I love this software.  By use of it I can boost color, saturation, contrast etc.  I also love the posterization feature which helps to exaggerate the values.  This is very useful when I am doing the actual hooking of the piece. 

This is the photo after I have manipulated it and is what I will work from.


Now, on to sketching the design, transferring it to the linen backing and actually get it hooked.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Photoshop really seems to help set some color value parameters. I'm thinking of takings an PS Elements class in October. This has just about convinced me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not taken a class myself. This is a very powerful tool. I've learned by stumbling around but sometimes you discover things that way that you wouldn't otherwise. I also use photoshop for creating my business cards and postcards.

    Play with the enhance and filter options. Of course like any computer thing you'll probably get sucked in and suddenly realize you've spent way to much time in front of the computer.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete